Republished with permission.
Tags: pharmacy, Kaleta, online pharmacy, Pharmacy 2.0, pharmacy insurance, pharmacy, pharmacy insurance, pharmacist
Reimagining pharmacy as a patient and a healthcare professional
Healthcare professionals are important actors in the health-promotion and health-care-efficiency pathways. Yet, new health systems have emerged to facilitate and actively engage patient-centred care. Based on decades of clinical experience and patient input, health system leaders are rethinking health systems from this perspective. This case study explores the implications of redesigning clinical networks with a view to improving care.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive more news like this in your inbox every week!
No surprises – pharmacy management software is still failing the consumer
Datalogix found out just how good its healthcare software is at serving the pharmacist. Turns out, pretty lousy. The report details the software’s ease-of-use failures, and raises serious questions over the reputation of pharmacy management software as a whole.
- Kulur, C. J., Roe, D. J., Karnott, M. H., Hardy, R. S., Holtshammer, J. A., et al. Drug reimbursement processes – the US pharmaceutical industry. Presented at the Society for Pharmacist Practice Management Annual Meeting, 2007.
- Cuda, D. J., Chaves, M. J., Leeney, G., Baldwin, L. S., Hopkinson, N. D., et al. The healthcare access and payment gap: A systematic review and network analysis of pharmaceutical price impacts. Science, 401(6402), 598-605, 2010.
- Margariter, R. B., Haumea, A., Sharma, A., Jha, D., Adler, M. A., Halpern, R. N., et al. The effects of online pharmacists on pharmacy consumers. Pharmacy Practice Management, 12(5), 953-982, 2014.
- Lipkin, S. G., Alimojlovic, A. R., Freeman, B. L., Kenney, C. A., Green, J. L., Saffier, D., Walsh, S., Mendel, K. G., et al. Tracking pharmacy claims: An integrated, transaction-based, quality benchmarking program for health systems. Pharmacy Practice Management, 13(4), 243-269, 2013.
- Kaleta, K., Patel, S., Elliott, M., Pearson, S. C., Simm, K., Jain, S. K., Shenoy, P., Taylor, K., et al. Pharmacy benefits, pharmacy utilization, and pharmacist adherence through the pharmacy benefit manager (PBM). The Pharmacist Journal, 75(3), 205-213, 2014.
- Zailgour, P., Breslin, M. J., Kerr, D. S., Werner, M. A., and Donovan, M. J. Pharmacy 2.0. Online pharmacy systems. Cosponsored with Pharmacy Management. ACM. 2013.
Download this article as a PDF
Katherine Horne is a research fellow in UCL, specialising in healthcare IT and provider services.
- Decentralised pharmacy payments – implications for pharmacy practice
- Online pharmacy systems: A regional landscape of the benefits and drawbacks.